8.11 HTML CSV is outputing to one column after OS upgrade

Simon_Phillips

We upgraded our live i5 server from V5R3 to V5R4 at the weekend. After our Dev and DR boxes had supposedly been tested, an issue has turned up this morning where our CSV ouptut is not working through HTML as it was before the upgrade.

I have had to add a new registry setting to my PC to enable me view CSV output. The registry key is: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Mime\Database\Content Type\application/csv
string is extension = .csv.

I use Excel 2003 and the csv opens fine, but the client uses Exel 2000 and the csv is opening in one column.

Does anyone have any ideas, on how I can resolve?

Thanks

Simon

Yes - you may need to change the Unicode export for your reports (I've seen this at a couple sites, now).

For Simon's iSeries/i5 or whatever they call it this week....:
Jobs that create a flat file or CSV through ‘manual’ means may need their P93081 record added/toggled to:

*PUBLIC *All UBEName VerionName IBM-37 EBCDIC-Latin 1 or Western Euro AV Active

UBEs that create CSV Output - are, in effect, creating flat-file output. BE VERY CAREFULL CHANGING THIS STUFF. I don't recall if the change 'always' requires bounced services (sometimes it hickups and requires the bounce).

**** NOTE FOR DEVELOPERS ****
During Development - you will be flipping the unicode translation between the server's translations and the fat client translation.... Your Server's Flat File Unicode translation may be different than your development workstation (is your server an WIntel Box???)....

(db)

Back