External email link sent from E1 workflow points to incorrect JAS instance

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
I have one JAS server with 4 instances, one for each environment (PS = 4071, DV = 4072, PY=4073, and PD = 4074). I have one batch server. Our E1 system has workflow set up to send emails to our Lotus Notes system. When a WF message is sent to a user's email, the user clicks the link, and gets a E1 signon screen. Regardless of what environment the message was sent from, the link always contains the same URL with the same instance port number. So if a WF message was sent from the PD environment, which on the JAS server is port 4074, the users email message contains a link that points to a PY's port number 4073. I looked in the JDE.INI file of the batch server and noticed the JAS PREFERENCE parameter is set to 4073. How do I configure our system so that when an external email is sent it contains the correct JAS instance URL? Is there a setting that overrides JAS Preference parameter? Thanks, Fred

We just ran into the same thing during our upgrade from 8.0 to 8.12. We determined that JDE is building the URL link based on the machine information (F9650, F9651). Look at the settings for the JAVA Application Server machine identification records that you have set up. Unfortunately, you can't change the port through the application. You have to change it in the database directly.

Francois
8.12/8.96 H1/SQL 2000/JDBC 2005/Websphere

JDE has developed a very long word for this configuration "Environment Service Configuration".

Search the knowledge jungle for these key words and you'll find what you need.

Colin

I've searched the Oracle site for hours and have not found any information on how to use the Environment / Service Configuration application W986110J. None of the manuals document this app either. If you have used it, please send me a screen shot and a short explanation. Thanks.

In 8.10 and above, there is a new application off of GH9053, a new flavor of OCM mapping, P986110, form W986110J. Basically, you map the JAS instance and port number. The trick to getting this application to work correctly is to be sure that in P9654A, under JAS servers, you have one definition of each INSTANCE. So if you are running 3 instances on the same JAS server, you will want three different records, each indicating their own port number. Disclaimer: I haven't test this yet, as my user team has left because of inclement weather, but I am confident it will work. NOTE: the [JAS Preference] in the jde.ini no longer works.

Good luck Amigos.

Back