Web Security

TimPierce

Reputable Poster
I have various lines of Action Security set against some of our applications. Most of the lines are intended to give users read-only access, so they can click OK but not delete/copy/add records.

ADD = N
CHANGE = N
DELETE = N
COPY = N
OK/SELECT = Y

This works fine on the fat client, but on the web, with the same security, the OK button is missing.

Does anyone know what I can do in this situation?

Depending upon the application, it seems like everyone acts a little differently, sometimes you need to allow the Change and have that be a 'Y' then the OK button will show up. Try that.

Also... if it's just the web acting goofy - remember to flush the security cache after making changes. That may help, too.

Security for the web client is implemented differently than the fat client in some cases. You may have found one of those. You might want to open a case with Oracle to verify that.

Thanks guys.

I have raised a call with Oracle, but unfortunately they have little idea how to help because we are on 8.9 SP2 which is an old and, I'm told, quite an obscure release.

We have managed to get around this by entering Action Security on each Form individually (as opposed to Application specific) combined with Exit Security. It's more complicated with more lines of security than we had anticipated ....but it gets us where we want to be!

We are live on 8.12 and from what I am seeing if you have action security on the app level and you change set to N and OK/Select to Y then the OK button is not visible, if you want the user to have OK access on that app you have to set change to Y, or you can enable change Y and OK/Select Y on the forms level.

In Xe I don't believe that was the case, you did not need Change Y to be able to do OK/Select.

Back