812 install fails with Java Error

andy_smith

Well Known Member
A new installation of 812/8.96 fails at the very start after providing a license from SPC code generator. Java errors just after the message 'configuring license files' - has anyone seen this before ?

The deployment server CD is downloaded from the Oracle E-Delivery site - has anyone successfully installed using this approach recently ?

Hi,

Have you checked your MTR on the Deployment?
Does your windows account have local administrative
privileges?

Hi

Are you logged with an account that has local administrative privileges?

Hi Sebastian,

yes I am logged on as the administrator account on the local domain of the machine (the install guide does not instruct you to create a JDE or PSFT network user anymore).

However, the deployment server is a virtual machine so I am connecting to it through RDP - but despite what RL etc may say I have done full install and upgrades though RDP recently.

The other point is that the windows 2003 is small busines edition on the deployment server. but other MTRs seem to be in place. It is Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server Service Pack 1.

The software CDs are downloaded from Edelivery site but I also tried installaing 811 SP1 and got the same error.

I have also tried installing on to what will really be the enterprise server but this is a physicla machine (not a VMWAR virtual server) and therefore I am on the console and it is Windows 2003 SE (i.e. not small business server) and again get the same error.

Hi Andy,

JDE installation manuals discourage the use of any
Remote tool to install or upgrade your Deployment.
Anyway, I don't know if this tip is useful to you, but
I installed Sun JDK 1.5.0.11 before starting with
E812 installation.
Finally, did you purge %temp% folder after the latest
Java crash you had?

Regards,

Back