XML Publisher issue

koudy

Hello,
have anyone of you experience with installation of XML Publisher for EnterpriseOne? I did all steps from document "Oracle XML Publisher for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne" - ie. installation of ESU, post-installation steps as configuring jde.ini, xdo.cfg and so on. XMLPOSA is ok, output from report looks good. I have made and registered my template too. But if i try to view output as XML Publisher, i receive an error "XML Publisher execution error".
And my question is - where to install XML Publisher Enterprise (server) or how to join/connect E1 with XML Publisher server properly?

Thanks a lot
Koudy

JAVA XMLPublisher API are integrated in JAS server. When you choose "view XML Publisher" from submitted job EnterpriseOne web server gets XML generated by enterprise server and transforms this XML through template you loaded in EnterpriseOne.

For your error I had some problem on indexes of table F95600,F95601...... ( I don't remember precisely). EnterpriseOne Indexes spec number didn't match with indexes created inside Oracle. Furthermore you can check Event rule written when it searches template. If I remember correctly there is a fetch single that doesn't run correctly, I substitute it with a select/fetch next.
I'm apologize but I tested it 6/7 months ago and I remember these problems.
Good luck
Giig

Not the explanation I've seen.

When you choose "view XML Publisher" from submitted job EnterpriseOne web server, a message is sent to the Enterprise Server, who sends it to the XML Publisher kernel. This is why the install instructions have you add a KERNEL_DEF_31 stanza on the Enterprise Server for XML Publisher. This kernel hosts the XML Publisher software, which reads the XML and creates the output. This output is then sent back to the JAS server, which in turn streams it into your browser.

Back