AS400 Trigger issue

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We have an issue with a trigger failing in an AS400 environment. Here are the specifics.
We are trying to run the chart of account copy UBE in batch. However, there is a nonJDE trigger on the F0901 that needs to read the F0006 table. The trigger is failing with the error that it basically cannot find the file in the library list. We are running XE in a fat client environment with an AS400 server.
When the UBE is submitted to batch it runs fine, but apparently the submitted job isn't just using the libary list like a normal AS400 job, but somehow accesses the JDE files correctly in PRODDTA through some other means. I say this because the library list of the submitted UBE jobs have a library list that do not contain PRODDTA. So they can apparently access the proper files through the environment somehow.
But when the non JDE trigger fires off, it fails we assume becasue the library of the job within the environment its running doesn't have PRODDTA in it.
That UBE uses a profile called JDEDATA and a JOBD called JDEJOBD.
My suggestion would be to try to add PRODDTA to the default library list for the user profile, but my people here are reluctant. ANy other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Jimmymac,

Okay, so the trigger is failing because the submitted job has an incorrect library list that results in the failure of the trigger program since the trigger can't locate the associated files it needs to access.

I have a couple of questions:
First, do any "Vanilla" triggers fail when other UBEs are submitted in similar fashion? If the answer to the preceding is "no," then double-check all settings (pathcode and other environment concerns) as to how the other UBEs are submitted against how the one causing difficulty is submitted.
Second, have you tried B34A1030 (Execute External Program) within the UBE to execute a SETLIBL on the iSeries? I use the program for other purposes, but I've never used it for this particular purpose, but it does provide flexibility and could just be the "band aid" you need in place until any underlying issues are addressed.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

I hope the above is of some use to you. Good luck.

-K.V. Sr

Back