World A9.1 vs. EnterpriseOne; CRM & web browser enablement

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Seeking to replace the following with a great solution. Any recommendations?

World A7.3 Cume 9 - Manufacturing, Distribution and Financials. We also developed a custom CRM (customer relationship management) system written by contract Java programmers with web browser interface. 80 percent of CRM data resides on Windows SQL server database that is populated from JDE data files (e.g. F42119 and others). Why? Developer did not feel comfortable reading the JDE data files directly so he cloned JDE sales history to SQL database.

20 percent of CRM data resides on System i in DB2 tables (customer master, etc.) On a daily basis, our JDE address book refreshes Address Book information as needed. And because Java developer did not realize the flexibility and configurability of the JDE Address Book, he unnecessarily created numerous tag-along tables of Customer-specific data that actually should be stored in the JDE Address Book category codes, etc.

We seek a solution, hopefully from Oracle and its business partners, to continue with JDE software, either World A9.1 or EnterpriseOne, and link to an excellent CRM system that is accessible via web browser. (We could, of course, hire a Java programmer and continue with our current data model).

And because I am an RPG programmer on System i, I have a vested interest in recommending World software A9.1, and complement A9.1 with something CRM-ish that is browser-accessible.

What do you recommend?
Earnestly, EricL 918-879-6036

From the CRM side of things, one of our companies is currently "finishing up" the implementation of the Wintouch CRM (from Touchtone) software. All data and pgms reside on the iSeries and we have lots of integration points into JDE (address book/customer info) via triggers and some custom apps to upload external "prospect info". It is all browser based.

The Wintouch CRM (from Touchtone) software may be an excellent fit for us. Today I spoke to them and saw a demo.

Sannan, I thank you for your comments about "integration points into JDE (address book/customer info) via triggers and some custom apps to upload external "prospect info".
EricL 918-292-9142 cell

Hey everyone. Are there any other providers of CRM (besides Wintouch) that have excellent links into JDE Worldsoftware, i.e. Address Book and F42119 in particular?

This review from 2003 in itjungle.com says that very few CRM applications run on the iSeries (now System i).

<snip>
http://www.itjungle.com/mso/mso102103-story03.html
Touchtone Goes ASP with OS/400 CRM by Alex Woodie

The biggest Wintouch eCRM benefit is the native OS/400 aspect; it talks the same language as the tens of thousands of OS/400 ERP systems in use today, giving it a leg up on data integration and simplicity over Window-based CRM applications, like Siebel's. Wintouch eCRM has a special affinity for the J.D. Edwards address book but can also be hooked up to OS/400 ERP systems, including MAPICS, BPCS, and more. Another native OS/400 benefit is that the software gives users one-click access to the underlying green screen in the ERP application, giving . . ."
</snip>
EricL 918-292-9142 cell

Just to follow-up on my "integration with JDE" comment. I know that a large majority of the integration points that we requested they do were "custom" for us, not "generic integration". We had a very specific set of fields and criteria that they had to build in to do the integration. We spent quite a bit of the early part of the implementation mapping fields from JDE to their product so they could build those integrations.

I don't think they have any off the shelf integration points so I'm sure they could build any integrations that you need if they (and you) know where the data is in JDE and where it goes in their product.

Back