Some documents print twice

Bill Dotson

Reputable Poster
Over the weekend, we upgraded our Create!Form installation to version 3.2. This morning, some of our documents (not all of them) started printing two copies instead of one. One of the documents is our Bill of Lading, so we are just discarding the extra copies, but the other document is our Purchase Orders, almost all of which are faxed to our suppliers. The concern is that our suppliers will duplicate our orders, which would be a major problem.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Any idea what might be causing it? The oddest part of this is that neither of these documents are actually formatted with Create!Form -- but both of them pass through Create!Stream to get sent to the correct distination, and we did not upgrade Create!Stream.

Hello Bill,

I haven't see the behavior you describe. A couple suggestions for you to try;

- Compare the C!stream definitions of a job that processes correctly and one that does not. Do you see anything obviously different between the two?

- Compare the JDE UBE's that generate the output. Is there something different here? I tend to think that there might me an option set (like Copies = 2) that has always been there for these jobs but was never acted upon until now.

- Could C!form v3.2 be acting on something coming from JDE and using it as a trigger to cause the documents to print (output) twice? Same question as above, just worded differently. Is there anything in the release notes for C!form v3.2 noting a change that might be linked to the behavior you see? If you take a PDF from the JDE PrintQueue and open it with a text editor (I just tried it with MS Word it works, Notepad works but does not honor the CR-line break hex characters that are in the file so it more difficult to look at and read.) I just took a look at a PDF and "/NumberOfCopies" is included in the PDF header information that JDE puts in the file (along with other information like /CreationDate, /Name, /Version, /BatchCreationDate, /OWEnvironment, etc.).

I think my 3rd suggestion is most likely (if you haven't found this already). Hope this helps!

Karen Swaeby.

Back