World 1099 G/L Method Breaking News 2/14/07

dhashimura

Well Known Member
Just sharing--
For customers who use the G/L method and are on versions A73.4 and later and on A81.2 and later please log in the Customer Connection site for more information.

I was just out there and I can't seem to find anything on your topic? There is an issue noted with the A/P Method workfile problem but nothing about the G/L. Can you post the text of the Breaking News here?

JD Edwards World Financials: Incorrect Data on 1099s When Using the G/L Method

February 14, 2007—JD Edwards World Financials Year End Process for 1099: A73.4 and Later and A81.2 and Later: Incorrect Data Appearing on 1099 Returns When Using the G/L Method for Reporting Amounts.

Description
1099 amounts are being reported incorrectly when using the G/L Method for 1099 processing to create the returns. Using the JD Edwards Purchase Order module (2-Way Match and 3-Way Match), or populating the PO field in Standard Voucher Entry manually creates incorrect information in the G/L Audit File program.

Solution
Apply a SAR to the P045144 program which replaces the F045144 file with a new version, and its associated logicals. It is necessary to install this as a save file to the environment where the 1099 process is being run.
Please see Solution 201035228 for details.

(here is the text from Oracle on the AP issue)

A/P Workfile Build Program P04514FP for 1099

If a payment has been made for a 1099 reportable supplier in 2007, the AP workfile will build with a ‘7’ in the calendar year (G1YR) field, rather than a ‘6’. The amounts, however, are correct and reflect payments made in 2006. A code change has been created to correct this issue. The SAR number is 8343884. Contact Oracle support to obtain the code change.

---------------------

My take on this one was:
I actually ran into this problem before the SAR was completed. I didn't even bother applying the paper fix because it didn't technically hurt anything. It sometimes made an extra step to doing an adjustment because it wouldn't bring it up in the adjustment screen. I just used our DFU tool and changed the record to a '6' and all is fine. Your 1099's print just fine for the records that have a '7' on them as well. In fact, I can't really figure out why they put the calendar year in the workfile because it really doesn't appear to be used anywhere else!?

As for the GL problem (I have multiple companies to do 1099's for) we already finished up and I don't think anyone noticed any problems so I'm choosing to ignore it for now as well. Hope that doesn't come back to bite me but the clerks are the ones verifying the numbers so must have been ok?

First, thank you for sharing the A/P Workfile info. I still cannot seem to locate it on my own.

Second, if we had used the G/L Method, we would have been affected by the 3rd issue described in Solution 201035228:

3) The Audit File Build program is setup to sum the expense amounts
to the Key Company level. This is an issue when a voucher
contains multiple expense accounts with different business
units assigned to different companies, the Audit File Build
program will combine the amounts into the document company (KCO) instead of
the company (CO) and write one record, with all the amounts, to the
KCO. This results in the amounts for the companies not
being reported correctly

Back