problem opening document with Create!Form template

dlsesler

We use a Create!Form template to apply a custom format to the standard EnterpriseOne (8.9 in our case) purchase order (R43500). This week, a problem has developed when one user attempts to do a Create!Form Merge to the orders.

1) If the file is opened (as a PDF) directly from the Submitted Job Search screen, and the Create!Form Merge button is clicked, nothing happens.

2) If the user saves the file and then opens it and attempts a merge, the following message is received (****** replaces the user ID):
Create!Form Server plug-in error
Merge failed, refer to ******PLUGIN.log
The log file states the following:
02/08/07 14:17:32,00000001,0021,MergeEngine(FI******1),Invalid or corrupted input PDF file.
02/08/07 14:17:32,00000002,0095,MergeEngine(FI******1),Unable to load input PDF file

Anyone out there have any ideas about this?

Note -- the user has the EnterpriseOne 8.9 web client and Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0. Also, I am able to access these files myself through my Citrix client with no problem.

1) Check that the settings to generate PDF Metadata are in the JDE.INI file used where UBE's are run. It will either be their local JDE.INI or the one on the Enterprise server. Also, did something change in the Create!form settings so that it cannot find a form template to merge? Check the Create!form plug-in settings set to the correct locations (to get the program to do the merge and the form templates). Is there a form template that should merge with this PDF file? Form templates can be generic to the job (i.e. R43500) or job_version specific (i.e. R43500_XJDE0002).

2) When the user saves the PDF file it causes Acrobat Reader to re-write the file in a format that Create!form cannot read. The Merge failed errors are simply telling you that the PDF file in not in the correct format. If you open the PDF file using a text editor you will see "/Linearized" near the top of the file. Create!form cannot merge that type of PDF file with a template.

Hope this helps!

Karen Swaeby.

Back