Dedicated Package Build Queue

diego81

How can I create a dedicated Package Build Queue on iSeries?
Package Build and Other Works are on the same queue, QBATCH. I want to separate them, and have 2 separate BusBuild for Package Build and UBE Queue.

My system:
E1 8.12
Tools 8.96_F1
Enterprise Server: AS400 iSeries V5R4
Deployment: Windows 2003

Not sure if this is the same in 8.12 as in Xe.

In the server JDE.INI file, in the stanza [BSFN BUILD], either add or change the line QNAME= and put the name of your package build queue after the equal sign (i.e., QNAME=QPKGBUILD). Package builds will then use that queue.

Here’s how I’d do it, with iSeries centric bias:

Create another job queue and add a job queue entry to associate the new job queue with the QBATCH subsystem. The long-running job should then be submitted to the new job queue. The following two commands will create a new job queue named QBATCH2 and associate it with the QBATCH subsystem description:

1 CRTJOBQ QGPL/QBATCH2
2 ADDJOBQE SBSD(QSYS/QBATCH) JOBQ(QGPL/QBATCH2) SEQNBR(15)

After these commands are run, change the job description for the long-running job to specify the new job queue. Alternatively, on the Submit Job ( SBMJOB ) command, directly specify the new job queue for the job's submission.

Jen

It may speed up the package build if you have the job queue defined as multi-threaded, this will depend on how much CPW your box has and whether it will cause an impact to the overall system performance.

Thanks.

Back