Lot Control

mgerritt

Well Known Member
We use a lot controlled warehouse to sell items we manufacture. Recently we changed product packaging and now a purchased item is being sold as an item, rather than being part of the manufactutred item. this isn't an issue, except we often put 10 of these items in a bag, and sell the 10 pack as an item. Creating the bag requires a Work Order. But, we do not put a lot number on the bag.

The way I am set up, I cannot complete a Work Order. World 7.3 Cum 13 insists on a lot number. I have set the lot process type for this item to 0, which should mean no lot number is needed. I have heard people say the 'warehouse' is lot controlled, but i can find no setting in JDEWorld at teh warehouse level for lot control. I can find no documentation on how lot control really works. Does anyone know either where I cna find doc for lot control, or have an idea where my problem may lie?

If I understand correctly, the bag of 10 is not lot controlled, but the 10 individual items that go into the bag still are. Completing the work order for the bag will not require you to assign a lot number to the bag, but you will have to supply the lot number of each of the 10 items that go into it. We normally do this by putting a '4' in the option field on the materials issue screen, which brings up the multi-location window, where you can select from a list of available lots.

I apologize if this is not the problem you are experiencing.

As far as I know, the lot process type on the Item Branch record is the only place you turn lot control on or off by item. In Branch Plant Constants, you can set a flag to prohibit the creation of lot and serial numbers in the branch.

I'm no expert, and I hope this helps.

Back