#CYR Default date change

Grady

We have an assignment to change the default year (#CYR) to 25 vs 10, and also to research/modify all necessary data to display existing expiration dates as 10/31/2025. Is there a canned program which will do this?

I could easily SQL all F3002, F4106 etc expiration dates to 125365, but, would probably miss a few files.

JDE 7.3 cum 12.

BTW, just found this forum, looks promising
cool.gif

Try menu G91 option 22. Object Cross Ref. Repository (J980014), to assist in your research. You need to populate it first, Menu G9642, Rebuild Cross Reference.

If you are using Service and contract Billing then there a number of effectivity end date records in several files (Mark Up table, Account Derivation table etc). Similar issue if you are using Equipment billing.
A previous reply suggested using the cross reference function - a agree.

Grady-
If you would be willing to share whatever you learn during this exercise, I'd appreciate it. I will be doing this exercise next year. Do you have modified programs that you need to review in regard to this change? Thanks Karen

Grady, If you can share anything you have on the #CYR would be apprecaited. We don't have maintenence with Oracle and
and there is a program (supplied by Oracle) that has to be run to be able to change #CYR = 30 which is Oracles recommendation (see below).

Solution

1. Change the default value of the data dictionary item #CYR to allow effective-through default dates to populate further into the future. Oracle recommends a default value of 30.

2. For existing effective through dates that may be populated with 12/31/2010, Oracle has created an update program P4028 to move effective dates forward. The data update program must be run prior to 12/31/2010 if the #CYR default value is 10.

This program is available as a software update from the Customer Connection Update Center.

Attachments

• 147848-CenturyDefault__CYR1.pdf
    118.8 KB · Views: 299
we are planning to change the #CYR. can anyone guide us on this. What all programs that we might need to modify??
any sort of help would be appreciated.

Back