Printing from World A7.3

AB@BTS

We are currently using a process that involves printing via PDF or redirecting a PCL file to a parallel port via a DOS batch file and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for printing from World A7.3 via PCL viewer or converter? With the newer model of printers that are connected via USB or IP this task is becoming a bit too much.

Thanks.

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Sounds like you want to create a PDF file from from World print output. If so, there are a number of relatively inexpensive software solutions that will 'print' to a server for conversion to a PDF. We use BCD's Catapult and EZ-Pickins. Once it is a PDF, the printer configuration just needs to be a PCL printer, how it is connected is of no matter.

And again, not being quite sure what your issue is, it sounds like you may be havinga problem with alser printers. One thing to watch for is that printers used with JDE should support PCL. Many lower end printers no longer do, and don't support JDE A7.3 print.

Hi, We want to print checks, using world 7.3 cum16. any software available to spool check print to and possibly use a laser printer. regards

CreateForm and Optio are 2 of the most popular packages.
Both are relatively costly, but can be used to map fields from an AS400 spooled report and allow you to reformat a report.

They both work with check printing and laser printers but the posibilities go way beyond that, you can eliminate your pre-printed format altogether, email or fax reports, and I'm not sure about CreateForm but with Optio you can even create data files or update databases with report data.

Acom is another company that has a forms design module to take a spooled file for output to a laser printer. I don't know how it compares to the ones mentioned by Tony.

Back