Quick Hit for Server Batch jobs

Larry_Jones

Larry_Jones

Legendary Poster
We just implemented a knowlege garden suggestion for improving performance of server batch jobs. The Knowledge Garden document is oti-99-0024. The suggested change was to change the Enterprise Server's JDE.INI file's RequestedService setting in [Lock Manager] from TS to NONE.

Changing this setting caused our full MRP run to change from 3 1/2 hours to 3 hours. Leadtime Rollup went from 3 hours and 45 minutes to just 45 minutes.

Made us smile :)

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
SandBox: OneWorld XE SP13

Larry,

Doesn't this change disable the Transaction Processing in the same time?
I have read something about that you have to somehow synchronize the [LOCK MANAGER] settings on the workstations and on the server(s).
Please check the "Setting the jde.ini for Transaction Processing and Lock Manager" subsection in the DEvelopment Tools XE!!! (not B7331) documentation.

Have nice wekend,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hello,

I believe setting the RequestedService=NONE should only stop UBE's executing on that server from requesting a Time Stamp on updates (if set to TS, of course). That does improve performance quite a bit.

I suppose you lose the "Record has been changed" functionality available from the Time Stamp service, but with UBE's that should not be an issue.

Craig Welton
PatWel Group Inc.

Back