How to run CR for use with ERP 8.0?

Suni

I have CR 8.5, which many years ago worked on our XE installation. Now I am on ERP 8, and I need to start using Crystal again. But, I can't get it to work. I've got CR 8.5 installed locally, and am using the ODA DSN driver and have it registered and all that. But when I try to access any data through it for CR, I get an 'INVALID HANDLE' message. I can get data to display if I use Excel and the same ODA DSN. Where can I look for a solution, or do I need a different version of CR?
Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hello Suni,

We ran into a similar issue when we upgraded to CR 9 - same release of OneWorld...

Turned out there was an issue with the Crystal driver and we had to get a fix from Business Objects that time. They do try and test against all the releases, but had skipped a minor one and with our luck we hit it.

So I suspect the issue is Crystal based since you do not have any issues via Excel, etc.

You should try it with another version of Crystal to confirm this if possible. Unfortunately, CR 8.5 is now rather 'dated' since BO is on version XI already... sometimes they move too fast for my liking
frown.gif

Hope this helps... if I can dig up more specifics about the driver versions, I'll post that, but it's been a while since we saw ths issue...

Karim

Back