Object transfer

srini jde

I am trying to transfer the objects/sources from one environment to another environment through FTP, instead of G9362.
Able to transfer sources but I am unable to transfer the objects. Please let me know how to transfer the objects thru FTP.

thanks
srini

I'm just curious as to why you would want to do this?

If you have multiple environments, ie: multiple data libraries, you are probably using the same programs (for the most part), in which case you can use the same program libraries and there is no need to duplicate them.

If you need to have a duplicate of the libraries, you can copy them using AS400 commands far easier than using FTP.

The only reason for using FTP might be if you were copying from one AS400 to another. In this case it might be faster and less error prone to save libraries onto tape and to restore them onto the other machine rather than FTP.

hi & tx
well, there is two configuration sessions - among 212.189.19.14 is development/integration/quality/pre production/testing system where as 212.189.19.19 is live production system
The problem is we were unable to open the sources in the live production system, even the commands blocked like SVR/SI or WRKMBRPDM in the same system, don't know the library name in which the source file (F554275 (extraction file from F4211/F42119) - user created file) resides, but able to see the object.
able find out the source library through DSPOBJ, but is not the correct one.
i need to transfer the object from live production system to development system because in development system the object as well as the source is not exist.

I would have expected that your development system would have a
complete copy of the production source and executable objects, as well
as a working set of data. It's hard to see how you can test your code
without that. There is an argument actually for keeping source off
your production box entirely.

It sounds as though you need to investigate change management systems.
Properly set up they will take care of these issues for you. Your
description of your current environment make me distinctly nervous.

Back