BizTalk 2006 JD Edwards Enterprise ONE Adapter

tenalibabu

Hello,

I am using the JD Edwards Enterprise ONE BizTalk Adapter to connect to a JD Edwards Enterprise ONE server (v8.10 with 8.95 toolset). I have had no luck so far. We have managed to get a fat client working with the same credentials and host information.

I ran windows event tracing on the biztalk machine and I managed to get some errors. Can any of the JDE experts make anything out of the errors below?

Also, what port does JD Edwards typically run under? Is it 6012? We have used a port scanner to detect open ports on JDE machine and we tried every one of the open ports. Still no luck.

Loading adapter JDE (file jdecba)
JdeInstallAdapter JDE
JDENameSpace constructor JDE
Creating resource pool 0x48df0f0.
The JVM 1.4.2_12-b03 of Sun Microsystems Inc. is running.
I-JDE0008: JDEdwards Java connection object was created successfully in JVM
I-JDE0042: Login failed: com.jdedwards.system.connector.dynamic.ServerFailureException: Cannot connect to any OneWorld Security Server.FAILURE: null
Releasing resource pool 0x48df0f0.
Deleting resource pool 0x48df0f0.
E-JDE0027: Unable to acquire J.D.Edwards connection object. Please check the settings of the port.

Hi.

Just to let you know, because I'm in exactly the same position but have spent many weeks on this and wish someone had told me before I started, if you're trying to use the BizTalk adapter for JDE Enterprise One from Microsoft that ships with BizTalk 2006 then this configuration won't work. At all. Period.

The JDE adapter with BT2K6 works with v8.10 up to Tools Release 8.94 but Tools v8.95 made major changes to the Java class files that seem to prevent Microsoft's code from working. Microsoft are aware of the issue and are believed to be working on an update but I've not heard any timescales for a released fix.

Of course this only applies to the BT2K6 in-box adapter - if you're trying to get anyone else's adapter working then this is all irrelevent and you can ignore this msg.

Regards,
P

The JDE

Thanks for the message. In fact, I am using the JDE EnterpriseOne adapter that ships with BizTalk 2006. Also, you are correct regarding the version. I opened a microsoft PSS ticket to troubleshoot this issue and we discovered that the JDE EnterpriseOne adapter that ships with BizTalk 2006 will not work with toolset 8.95 or higher. It has only been tested with toolset 8.94 and it will only work with that version.

Here is a snippet explaining why:
"this appears to be an RPC failure, possibly due to a changed interface. The fat client that you are testing with does the login via TDDS, while the Biztalk Adapter uses a thinnet API which uses RPC."

I am not sure why Oracle decided to significantly change their communication interface all of a sudden.

My two cents.

Can you please for kicks back up all the JAR files that are from 8.95 and replace it with the JAR's from 8.94.

Technically the security kernel has not changed from 8.94 and 8.95 from an RPC perspective when it comes to thinet handling from remote procedure perspective. It may be simple instantiation of a class problem that can be trapped using log4j.

Classes you may need to think about replacing are

1) Base_JAR.jar
2) connector.jar
3) System_JAR.jar
4) JdeNet_JAR.jar
5) log4j.jar

Regards,
Baalu

Back