Systemi (AS/400) V5R3 Client Access and DBCS

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
We have found a bug where if you enter a japanese char string that translates to longer than 1/2 the field length ODBC fails with a buffer overrun. Is there anyone out there that can validate this on their system.

In talking with IBM they closed a hole in client access ODBC that allowed buffer overruns, we found the issue in testing by pure luck. When we purposely filled up the field with all DBCS characters we found the problem is everywere.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Tom Davidson

Tom,
What version on iSeries access are you on?. Can you give a specific example, we would like to try it out on our end.
Thanks.

AS400Guru,

We are on the latest and greatest. It is possible be have solved the problem, we had one data source where we didn't have the DBCSNoTruncErr=1 entry for ODBC.

This may have solved our problem. Could create the problem simply by filling a field entirely with kanjii's that mapped to double byte, english and katakana just producted single bytes so it wasn't an issue.

Tom

Hey Jen,

We may have solved it yesterday, I was out taking a vacation day. See my post for AS400Guru.

Hope things are well with you.

Tom

Back