Well Known Member
Hi,

have any techies out there got the following setup:-

Windows 2003 SP2 OS throughout.
E1 811 SP1
8.96_D1
Oracle Application Server 10g
Oracle Database Server 10g

I am having some strange problems with the web client and would like to talk with someone that has this config working to see what I may have done wrong.

This is my first attempt at OAS and therefore I am sure I have done soemthing wrong (even though I followed the manual). GSS have not seen these issues before either so awaiting development......

We have that setup but did not have too much problem
with the setup. The main thing was to be sure to do
the installs from a console session and not an RDP
remote session. That proved to be problamatic in a
couple situations.

What type of problems are you experiencing? We just loaded 8.12 with 8.96_D1 with some issues from the web side. I am interested to see if the problems are similar.

Depending on the mood of the OAS you can login (albeit in a round about route) or NOT.

When you can login you have to enter FULL (user name / pwd / env / role) TWICE before it logs you in. After the first attempt to login it brings you back a blanked out login screen.

Once you do manage to get in, then if you try and navigate down the EnterpriseOne Menu structure (or any other task structurs) you have to click a menu option twice before it expands to the next sub menu.

When you finally get to an application link the Launching application pop up appears and stays there forever.

gosh Terry, you make OAS sound so appealing. I think I'll dump websphere and switch to OAS instead!!!!

It sounds more like a problem implementation. I've not experienced this particular problem with OAS on Windows, HP-UX or AIX platforms. My experience with OAS has been much more positive.

I second that: in my experience it's easier and faster to both setup and to use, as well as more stable.

All,

thanks for your input (private and public) and some of your supporting humour.....

This weekend I have uninstalled OAS 10.1.2.0.0 and installed 10.1.2.0.2 and the system is responding correctly now.

Therry, problems you expericed with first installation was due to uncorrect installation of Oracle Application server patch required by EnterpriseOne.
I experienced same problems and solved it installing correctly required patch.
Now with Oracle 10.1.2.0.2 you have to install Oracle Driver JDBC 10.1.0.5.
Gigi

Back