Copy customized obejcts from E8.10 to E8.11

vasoov

I have 20 objects which need to be copied from 8.10 to 8.11. Upgrading 8.10 to 8.11 is considered as a last resort. Has anybody successfuly copied standard and customized objects from 8.10 to 8.11? What is the easist way to go about this?

Thanks, but I need to transfer objects from E8.10 to E8.11 using native JDE methods.

Pathcode copy probably will not work between releases, but you can try - it was discussed here some years ago, along with a few other manual cheats, I believe.

I guess, if Boomerang was free you wouldn't object to using it, especially considering that it uses JDE API's to do all manipulations and not direct DB access.

If you are determined to do this manually, running the Upgrade Workbench for a small set of Objects may actually be the fastest and the most reliable way. You already have the two systems in place, so this can be done in just a few hours. To compare, copying specs across, if works, may take as long or longer...

Hi,

It should be possible to use Product Packaging to achieve this. Just change the 'deployment.inf' to reflect the target release before the cab files are created.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

cant get any more native than Boomerang. Works like a dream via OMW. but for only 20 objects perhaps you dont consider it cost effective. Best product i have ever used to move objects between releases.

Re: Copy customized obejcts from E8.10 to E8.11 Solved

Just done a full build today. Managed to get it working using pathcode copy. Created a set of dummy objects in 8.11, checked them out in 8.10, copied pathcode and checked in on 8.11.

Back