Business Function BuildPackage has caused a memory violation

• Thread starter Crazy_About_JDE
  • Start date
Crazy_About_JDE

Crazy_About_JDE

Well Known Member
Happy Monday, list-- Has anyone seen this kind of thing before?

When I attempted to build a client update package for three new R42520O versions (that is an "oh" at the end), the R9621 ends abruptly with this error message:

ERROR: EventRule : Business Function BuildPackage at line 13 for Event 15 in Section Software Package Build Header has caused a memory violation.

Found business function BuildPackage B9800186 (data structure D9600186A) but was not able to pull much information out of its event rules.

Attempted solutions:

(1) Added WaitForBusBuild=Y to the [INSTALL] section of my JDE.INI and also increased the JDENETTimeout value to 3000, but I still get the same result.

(2) If I built a server update package with the same object and versions, it works fine. Also, a full client package build did not cause any errors.

(3) Copied "broken" version, successfully built package over the new version. After I deleted the old version, building a package that contains the new version causes the memory violation again.

(4) I can successfully build a full client package.

(5) I can successfully build update packages for other objects.

(6) There are no errors in the JDE.LOG or JDEDEBUG.LOG; the R9621 crashes before anything useful is added to buildlog.txt or builderror.txt.

(7) I have tried this from the deployment server and two other clients; all give the same result.

I'm happy to provide any other specific information for anyone that might have an idea of what's going on. Thank you in advance!

Tim,

How did you create the new versions? Did you create them in another environment (such as PY or DV)? If so, did you promote the version to PROD (assuming this update pkg is for PROD)? Do you have a different tools release level for PY/DV vs. PROD? I've had problems building update packages, but usually for new tables, if I create them under 8.95.M1 and then promote them to our PROD environment running 8.93.L1. My workaround is to open them up in PROD and save them from a PROD client running the lower tools release. Don't know if this is close to your problem, but it's one we've faced several times recently.

Hello, Don, and thank you for writing. We have one environment, PD7334. The versions were created (probably copied) by a developer on the same workstation where many other objects are created and modified.

Back