Menu History Tracking / F0082 / F00821

Inverso

Hi Guys,

I've been told about some functionality in JDE that keeps track of the menus that users go into, adding a new record every time a user clicks on a menu or menu item.

[background blurb]
If this functionality exists, it would be a useful way for us to see if users still exist (with a large number of users there are bound to be a few old accounts that avoided closure when the user left & have never been picked up & disabled since), by seeing what accounts exist that haven't clicked any menu item for over 3 months. It would also be useful in helping us to restructure our menus and improve security, ensuring people only have access to the program they use, and programs that tend to be used together are kept in the same place.
[/background blurb]

From what I can gather, the table F00821 should store these details. However, since I began at the company over a year ago, I've only accessed 123 menu items according to this table - even including fastpath & coffee breaks, that seems a little low. Of the items in there, there are some going back to 2005, and some from last week, so it doesn't look as if the table's being cleared / reached capacity.

Does anyone know how this feature works, and how to enable it for all menus / menu items / users? Any information would be useful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

John

[system info]
JDE Version - OneWorld B733 SP20
Fat Client - Win XP Pro
Thin Client - Citrix Metaframe XP on Win2K Server
UBE Servers - Win2K Server
Database - Oracle 10g on Win2K3 Server
(very much unsupported these days!)
[/system info]

Back