Server build completed with errors

wisbadgerfan1111

I just installed 8.96_D1 on 9/22. I built a DV full package over the weekend (with success) and deployed it on 9/25. I tried to build an update package in both DV and PY and my R9622 says "Build completed with errors". When I look in the logs, everything is successful - there are no errors or failures. I don't find this specific to any environment, that is why I'm assuming it could be the TR that has caused this???? Has anyone else had this issue?
confused.gif

Did you look at all the files in the text folder on the Enterprise Server?

Tammy-
Yes, if the PDF for the R9622 is not giving you any information, and your jde.log file is clean. Check the txt files on your enterprise server. If any of the txt files reveal errors, check the log file for the process ID as well.

You need to check as follows:-

1. If you have any business functions in your build then do a search of the Compile Logs directory for any files with an err extension (*.err). If you find any look for the corresponding bsfn log file to see if completed OK as well. Sometimes these are left behind if you build with errors initially and then resubmit build. Even if you correct the issue the pdf will still show in error as the err files still exist.

2. Check the Server Build log in your package directory to see if that gives you any clues.

3. Check your ddp\log directory for any logs that give you any clues.

4. Is the pack directory empty? It should be and the specs in your full package should be updated when they have been unpacked.

5. If you have built bsfn's then check the objects in the bin32 directory on your full package and ensure that the properties (date / size / etc) are the same.

If you still have not found the problem then please post the Server build log so we can try help (from server and dep server).

We had this problem and there was something in the tools that when you did an update package that the logs say everyting was successful even though it gave you an error during the package build. It is returning a flase error.

I have tried looking through the oracle support to find the report on it, but I can't remember what we did to find it. I'll keep looking and see if I can find it again.

We had the same problem. It is specific to the 8.96_D1 Tools Release. We contacted the support center and they sent us a "fixed" JDEKRNL.DLL which resolved the PDF problem.

The issue is only in the PDF reporting errors and showing "Processing" instead of "Successful" in the Build Status column.

We are having an issue with the Installation Workbench. A "Package Manifest Error" with the "F98770packagename" file. Did anyone run into this issue?

Back