E1 8.12 Services not ending correctly

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Whenever I stop 8.12 Services on my Windows 2003 Enterprise server, the service takes a long time to stop then it times out and never stops cleanly, if I re-start it then when you try to login to 8.12 I get the "Unable to locate security server". If I just re-boot without attempting to stop JDE services the same thing happens. I have it set to automatically start, but it is not set as a dependency on SQL server.

Do you think that the JDE service might be starting before SQL Server and hence it is not attaching itself to the database?

Any ideas....

Cleo,

We had a very similar problem with Tools Release 8.95.M1. I logged a call with support, and they were able to reproduce the problem. Somehow the security server wasn't shutting down correctly -- it left one of the jdenet processes running. I got a POC (aka quick fix) from support, and it fixed that problem. Then I found that the queue kernel wasn't shutting down (if it had been activated). That ended up being a matter of having patience for the queue kernel to time out (based upon the timeout setting in the JDE.INI file). I told support that if the service says it's stopped, then ALL components should be stopped; you shouldn't have to wait for a few more minutes for something like the queue kernel to stop itself by timing out. They agreed, and supposedly a fix will be included in 8.95.P1, due out in October. The support tech said that the fix should already be included in all 8.96 tools releases, but I'd be at least a little suspicious of that since you're on 8.96 and seeing the same type of behavior.

If you want to see the process(es) left running, on your enterprise server run Process Explorer. It's a great tool!

I've seen this but in another way. We have a third party program that enters JDEnet_k kernals alot, and for some reason these kernals will not die properly unless they are killed on the enterprise server when stoping the JDE service. Perhaps by killing all the open jdenet_k.exe you may be able to restart again without a problem.

Back