Unable to install MSDE on the Deployment Server

clmates

Reputable Poster
Hi.

We are upgrading our curent XE installation to E 8.12.

we have upgraded our deployment server to 8.12
we have installed the latest 8.96 D1 tools release.

but when we are going to attach the planner database before we install the planner esu. we notice that the MSDE has not been installed!!!!

Then we go to the E812/misc/MSDE folder and try to install the MSDE from there, and the install runs forward and then at the finish the installation roll back!!!

we also tried to download the latest MSDE from microsoft, then install it and the same happens!!!

anyone with the same problem?

Many Thanks and Greetings.

Have you installed Visual Studio .NET, I know when we did our upgrade, we did use a new deployment server and we installed all the 3rd party software before we installed E1, the installation should have prompted you yo install MSDE. What is you dep. server OS?

Hi.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you installed Visual Studio .NET, I know when we did our upgrade, we did use a new deployment server and we installed all the 3rd party software before we installed E1, the installation should have prompted you yo install MSDE. What is you dep. server OS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Our SO is Windows 200 Server sp 3.

We have this server working as the XE deployment, we have used snapshot to save the XE deployment status.

we have received no issues when we made the deployment install.

We have Visual Studio.Net installed.

we have now applied sp4 and all security patches and are going to test again.

it is a good or bad idea to install the MSDE form the SQL Server 2000 installation CD (installing the Desktop option of the server?)

Many Thanks

Hi to all.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Our SO is Windows 200 Server sp 3.

we have now applied sp4 and all security patches and are going to test again.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have finally solved this. the installation of the sp 4 fixed the issue.

Many Thanks to all .

Back