activConsole start problems

oleg_d

Hi!
There is a problem with starting activConsole on deployment server:
1. run activConsole
2. set login information
3. select Deployment server environment
4. press OK.
PeopleSoft Solution explorer started, but splash screen with "Connection to ..."(oracle db) is present and activConsole.exe in task list load processor more than 80%.
Can any one help or tell where is the problem?
Thanks.

we have experienced that as well. It happens mostly on a few client workstations. Same thing happens. The splash screen with "Connection to Object Librarian 810" is present and the cpu load is 40%-80%. Most of the time closing and retry will work. However there are a few times that doesn't work at all and that user will not be able to sign on at all.

The really interesting thing we found is that if we try a different user on the same machine, it will work.

Logs show no errors.

confused.gif

Likewise here. What I did discover is that there is a registry setting under HKEY_USERS that gets corrupt. If you look under Software\JDEdwards\One World\Solution Explorer, there is a Settings.username folder for each person who has signed on to that fat client. If you delete their folder, they can then log on. Someone with more technical savvy than I can probably explain this. But, that's why another user will be able to sign on to the same machine without a problem.

This actually happened to me while Oracle support was on my machine with a Webex session for a totally different reason. I deleted the registry setting and was able to sign on. Of course, the support person had never heard of such a thing. Guess he should read JDEList!

Back