UPK

TechWriter

We have started to use the UPK tool (June 06)for our E1 training. I am very intestested in sharing tips and tricks we find in our UPK adventures. Any interest in sharing the adventure?
smirk.gif

Yes, I would like to share in the adventure. We just started using it ourselves last month (Sept.), so we haven't had much experience with it yet.

UPK works great just make sure the processes are stable before recording... We found lots of wasted effort trying to move to quick.

We recently purchased Oracle's UPK product with 2 developer license and 250 user licenses.
We are not sure of the implementation process, server infrastruture etc.
We want to utlize the available 2 dev. license to developer for all power users (multi-user environment).
Also, can we host everything on one server.
Any inputs in this regard is greatly appreciated.
regards
Prakash

You can certainly host everything on one server, based on how many lessons you are going to create.

I will send you a PM as well.

We started with a stand alone Developer about 8 months ago for E1 8.11 sp1 G/L, and recently moved to Client/Server as HR/Payroll and Procurement Phases began. This included copying the standalone Development to the Server. It's a great tool, and satisfied a couple of different SOX/Audit requirements with one recording.

A few basic decisions with a few dedicated Users will probably help make it better (e.g. name & numbering conventions, functional intent of Topics for conceptual comparison across Departments, etc.). Specific recommendation: Print screen early and often, then delete what's not needed.

Back