F983051 Row Security

Krystyna

I would be very interested to hear from anyone that is using EnterpriseOne (8.9 and above) and using Row Security on the F983501, in particular I would be interested if you are using F983051 Row Security in a non Web Client environment.

The reason for me asking this question is that we have been given an UNSUPPORTED workaround by Oracle on how to use F983051 Row Security for our 8.11 SP1 Web Clients, Oracle are stating that the reason for not supporting this change is that the F983051 is a bootstrap table.

This previously worked in OneWorld XE (Citrix Client), therefore we are arguing that the unsupported workaround is not acceptable given that the new product (8.11 SP1) should provide the same functionality (if not better).

Not sure exactly what you are attempting to "secure", but the reason it's unsupported with 8.11 is because you have the ability to secure versions themselves. Also, via tasks, you can cut off fast path and force users only to have access to the UBE's and versions of those UBE's that they should run.

There are much more elegant ways to secure versions and not have the potential performance hit by placing row security on the versions table...it is hit in most every, if not every, E1 operation. I'd want to do whatever was needed to stay away from row security on that table.

The problem is that we have so many legal entities and that we have so many different versions of the same report/s. We do not want the users to pan down the task view to choose their version and we do not want to put each version seperately on a task view (in order to avoid the task views becoming massive). By the same token we need to restrict their view in the BV screen.

Back