R09801 and multi foundation

m_powell

Hi

Can someone please help shed some light on this for me.

In Live, we are XE SP22_Q1 and I am testing SP23_M1.

The issue is that I cannot post to the server in Test but can in Live. (I can post locally in the Test environment).

I have looked at the Knowledge Garden and it has a solution to do with the post program ending in error from SP19 onwards but I don't think this is the answer.

I think it has more to do with the multi foundation setup (because I still have a client using SP22 for Test) but just would like another opinion before taking the service pack to the Live environment.

Also attached the log from the posting.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Malcolm

XE SP22_Q1
iSeries V5R2

Attachments

• 111965-R09801E_jdelog.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 412
Well...can see you are in PY, not test. But the log is pretty much clear, you have a trigger issue. If you are indeed multi foundation, have you relinked BSFN's in PY? Actually, what is the result of a full build in PY? I realize that for a new TR you don't "technically" need to build a full...but why wouldn't you? A full package build is a great "system health check". If it were my system, I'd build a full in the new foundation and pay attention to the JDBTRIG* builds. Deploy the successful new packages to the test machines and see what you get. I would NOT proceed with a TR if you find for any reason you can't post. Remember, while the instructions don't tell you to build a full...a TR can affect too much, including package builds. I never recommend, unless the TR is to fix a production down situation, that full builds are not part of the testing process.

Hi Jim

Thanks for that - a few things to look at and take into consideration.

Appreciate your response.

Regards

Malcolm

Back