Problem with some objects when copy an environment

gge

Hi everybody,

I have copy the py environment to pd (i had follow a document from peoplesoft to do it).

When the copy finished and i copy manually the packages folder in the deployment and the enterprise server, i have the follow problems with objects than we made:

- The reports we have made doesn´t work in PD, but they work in PY.

- When i try to generate the reports for the web environment (jpd), the generator give an error: "there are no versions for the report", but in the table F983051 in the pd environment the reports and his versions appear.

- One application created for us has lost (it only appears in the DV environment).

Anybody knows how to do to copy the reports from py to pd?

If I copy the object from the table F9861 for py to pd, the objects will work or it´s necesary to do anything else?

I´m wondering to eliminate all the records in the table for pd, and next copy all the records of PY and then change the field for the environment (PY=PD).

The release is 8.11 SP1.

Thanks Everybody.

Couple of things...1. for the versions, it sounds like you could have an issue with the vrenhv field in F983051, make sure the copy in the CO for PD is set to PD811, also ensure that the vrmkey is set correctly to the deployment server name.

2. If you copied the objects from PY811 to PD811, you'll want to run the R989861 to populate the F9861 with the OL detail.

This is why I NEVER copy packages. When I duplicate an environment, one of the BEST tests that everything is good is to perform a full package build. It will flush any errors in the process out.

Good luck.

Back