E1 Websphere - Heavy Load

JDE Dude

Hi All,

We currently are having issues with peformance when we have over 100 users trying to login via the web client at a particular time. Any other time the system seems to be running smoothly. We have WebSphere 5.0.2 on Solaris and E1 8.9. I have noticed that in the JDE.ini there is only 1 security kernel (see below). Would bumping the max number of security kernels up to 4 and have 2 auto started kernels be a step in the right direction to helping peformance under a heavy load.

Are you getting slowness just when all the users are trying to login or even after they login?.
If it is just when they are logging in then yes, go ahead and increase the security kernels, if screen to screen refreshes are slow, then increase the callobj kernels too.
Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
We have WebSphere 5.0.2 on Solaris and E1 8.9. I have noticed that in the JDE.ini there is only 1 security kernel (see below). Would bumping the max number of security kernels up to 4 and have 2 auto started kernels be a step in the right direction to helping peformance under a heavy load.

[/ QUOTE ] That certainly wouldn't hurt. Do you use the Solaris box as the enterprise server and as the Web Logic server? If so, another thing you could try is adding in another box for processes the web logic, spreading out your processing load. In my system, I have over thirty servers to spread the processing load across.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair head cook and bottle washer

Back