Versions on Thin client ?

aakk

In 8.11 when I am logged onto a thin client on JAS Server I can create a version say for R435000. set Up data selection and PO. And then run the Version.
And I understand that if an Update package is built for R43500 my version created on Web will go away . My question is when I create a version on web where are the spec's for Dataselection and Data sequence for a batch version created ? I can see that I have a record in F983051 for the new version created ? But I am curious to know where is the spec for this new Batch version created and stored?

what you are talking about is skinny batch versions. in newer versions of the HTML server, the end user has the capability to create batch versions on the web server. the only problem is that these versions are created in xml format. they are saved in the same location as the serialized objects. when you regen, you are required to truncate your current serialized object tables. the xml specs for these skinny batch versions are deleted ss well. the only way to keep these versions is if they are created on a fat client and checked into the system. this changes with release 8.12 though as the central objects are in xml format.

Back