Change the Enterprise Server

gge

Hi, we are planning to change the enterprise server (just hardware), we had oneworld b733, windows nt, and oracle 8.1.7.

We had 2 clusters (one for data) and one for services (queues and network).

Anybody has any experience on change and enterprise server with clusters?, anybody had an idea of the steps to follow to do the change?.

I never made a enterprise change and i´m not sure how to do it to make it safer.

Thank you.

My suggestion is always to add the new equipment as a new enterprise or a new application and db server to the existing system. That way, you can test the application piece and switch over to using it easily by altering OCM's when you desire. On the DB side, once the new server is running and defined in the E1 system, you can start migrating DB's over on a one-by-one, or little by little basis, again, only needing to change OCM's on the E1 side, and you always have the fail back of the original copy. Once everything is over on the new system, turn off the old and make sure nothing breaks...then take the steps to remove the old stuff from E1 configuration.

thank you for the suggestions.

I hope the change goes fine.

If there any extra problem if the enterprise server has a cluster or it doen´t matter?.

Regards.

Back