Report Design Aid gives error...

max_xx

Well Known Member
Hi evrybdy,
I started to get this strange problem all of a sudden.

One of the developers have developed a report. Now that developer is not here. So any other developer is trying to work on that report , it is giving an error

"The current user does not have rights to update this report. Please contact your system administrator for additional rights"

The above error comes for each report that has been once developed and some other user wants to enhance the report he cannot open it.

About the rights, than I have checked for the rights. There is no security kept on that report.

Also I have tried the same thing fromt the Administrators account but still the same error comes.

Once I click on the Ok button after the error is shown, the screen is greyed. So, i tried manually to open the report by clicking on File on the menu bar.

Again an error is thrown::

"The instruction at "0x01ead621" referenced memory at "0x000000000". The memory could not be "read".

Please help.

Thanks a ton in advance.

-Irfan Polra

Check the windows security access on the E1 folders. This seems to be more of the secuirty rights issues.

may be one of our CNC members can give you the right place to look at.

Thanks,

Is the new developer in the project? If so what is he, 1.) Originator 2.) Developer 3. PVC? Are you getting the errors in OMW or inside ERW? - or may be what the previous post reply was/is - Angelis

Reply to Mr. Rana:
Well i have checked all the security issues but it dosent seem 2 b one of them coz this error shows up on each and every developers machine

Reply to Angelis:
I'll tell u the steps wat exactly I do:

1) Login with a developer ID
2) Type OL in the fast path
3) In the OL Window select the project, click on design and than click on design icon
4) A new window opens - Batch Application Design. There in I go for Design Tools Tab --> Start Report Design Aid

Than that error of "rights" come here. I click on Ok and try manually to open the report than the second error comes.

The same error occurs with both the logins 1) Administrator 2) Developer

Thankx

It almost acts like you don't have authority to the object.

When you state that it happens with all developers - are you saying all developers on the same machine, or all developers that attempt to check the object out?

Often times, what can happen, if developing on same machine - the RDA Temp file (under the spec folder) gets corrupt or hangs. If the object is checked-in or saved, delete the spec folder. If you can't delete it, then you don't have Windows Security to the folder - and thus your permissions issue.

I think Chan is hitting this issue pretty close?

(db)

Thanks Daniel.

The development work is done on diferrent machines. They are checking out the object and then trying to use it.

I have even tried to do the same with the administrators login and password for JDE on a different machine. But the same error occured.

Back