F986110 insert error...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
Sometimes jobs we kick off with runube don't run.
Looking at the logs, it's apparently because they're not being assigned a unique job number:

OCI0000178 - Unable to execute - INSERT INTO SVM7333.F986110 (JCJOBQUE,
JCJOBPTY, JCJOBSTS, JCENHV, JCUSER, JCPSWD, JCJOBTYPE, JCSBMDATE, JCSBMTIME, JCJ
OBNBR, JCEXEHOST, JCORGHOST, JCPROCESSID, JCACTDATE, JCACTTIME, JCSRVBLOBA, JCFU
NO, JCPRTQ, JCFNDFUF1, JCFNDFUF2) VALUES :)BND1,:BND2,:BND3,:BND4,:BND5,:BND6,:B
ND7,:BND8,:BND9,:BND10,:BND11,:BND12,:BND13,:BND14,:BND15,:BND16,:BND17,:BND18,:
BND19,:BND20)

OCI0000179 - Error - ORA-00001: unique constraint (SVM7333.F986110_PK) violated

At first I figured the problem was caused by the fact that a number of jobs were being kicked off at the same second from cron, so I moved them all into one script that waits 10 seconds after each job before starting the next. Unfortunately, the problem's still happening... not all that often (once every day or two at most), but enough to be frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it?

It is a bug and is fixed in the latest Tools Release. Your sig lists OneWorld Xe; I know this is resolved as of 8.96 Tools - but I don't know if they resolved it for SP23. Check with Oracle.

Thanks! I searched again after reading your message and found the SAR... my first search didn't turn it up for some reason. It does exist for Xe, as 7237596, which is supposedly included in SP23_K1. Unfortunately, we're on SP23_K1 and it's still happening... either they didn't put it in or it didn't work. I've submitted a question about it... we'll see what they say.

Hi,
Any update on this issue? We seem to be experiencing the same problem and we're on XE, SP23....

Back