Changing out Enterprise Servers

tomjr93

We are getting new hardware for our JD Edwards install. We are currently on Windows 2000 and will be getting Windows 2003 servers. We are replacing our production clustered enterprise servers and the san they are connected to. I have been looking for the best method to do this and would like to hear to comments from others who have done this before. We have swapped out the deployment server before and that was simple. But how do you swap out the live production server and database and also test it before users get on?

Hello, Tom-- I don't know if Windows enterprise servers are different than IBM iSeries enterprise servers, but here's a suggestion that might at least get you started. This is not easy territory, but when there wasn't documentation, I figured it out a step at a time. (JDE.LOG and this amazing group of JDELISTers were lifesavers through the whole process!)

We recently purchased a new IBM i5 to use as our enterprise server. We restored all the essential data and programs to this new server (which, obviously, had a different name), got a new license key from Global Support, and off you go. Using a separate deployment server will also help.

NOTE for iSeries readers! Restore the OWJRNL library first or you will have to manually set every journaled file thereafter. Ugh.

There were quite a few files on the new server where we had to change the enterprise server name, make a few edits in the B7334SYS/INI, and we also had to change all the ODBC connections on our test clients. Global Support gave me a document (attached), Mirroring a OneWorld iSeries Enterprise Server; you might be able to get one from them for Windows enterprise servers. It wasn't bulletproof, but it helped. This list may not be comprehensive:

Library/Table, Field & # Records (if documented)

SYS7334/F0094, F00942
EMMKEY: Deployment Server (4)

SYS7334/F00945
RMMKEY: (1)

DV7334DNT/F983051
VRMKEY: (10,081)

OL7334/F9861
SIMKEY: (62,490)

SYS7334/F9650
MMMKEY: Enterprise Server (1), Deployment Server (1)
MMLGNAME: Enterprise Server (1)
MMDEPSRVNM: Deployment Server (11)
MMJOBN: Deployment Server (3)
MMDATP: Enterprise Server

SYS7334/F98222
POOMWMKEY: (19,660)

SYS7334/F98611
OMSRVR: Deployment Server
OMJOBN: (7)

SVM7334/F98611
OMJOBN (5)
OMSRVR: Deployment Server

SVM7334/F986101
OMJOBN: Deployment Server (1)
OMDATP: Enterprise Server (3)

SYS7334/F986101
OMDATP

SYS7334/F9651
MDMKEY: Deployment Server
MDMKEY: Enterprise Server

Also had to add environments to NEWENTERPRISESVR in the machine table (Open 'Machines' list, select NEWENTERPRISESVR, click Form > Environments).

Using P986115, changed Deployment Server's data sources to New Deployment Server.

I just went through my notes to pick out the major pieces; feel free to post any update questions and I'll see what I can do to help!

PeopleSoft Knowledge Garden article OTI-00-0166 Switching out an AS/400 Enterprise server at B733x

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/download.php?Number=74748

Here is a recent discussion on this topic; you can, of course, search the JDELIST for others:

http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=111781&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Attachments

• 111842-Mirroring a OneWorld iSeries Enterprise Server.doc
    284 KB · Views: 521
Back