FetchNext B76B0220

Chan Rana

Chan Rana

Legendary Poster
We are on 8.11 SP1, TR8.95F, AS/400.

Is there any known issue for this release for the function B76B0220. I am trying to read a line. It reads correctly in C function but transfers only 200 characters to variable even if its more length. I tried using all variables size but gives same result.

Have anybody faced this issue?.
Thanks,

Not sure if this applies but there is a limit to the length of variables you can pass between programs in JDE. I thought it was 256 but I could be wrong so you need to contact them and speak to someone with experience with it. I remember a client having to use several variables (in MQ Series work with JDE and Siebel) and paramaters to pass a string needing 5-6 of these max length fields and then Concatenating them as needed and parsing them again when passing out. It may not have anything to do with it but it should be something to keep in mind when dealing with very long strings.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply. The standard sixe for this variable is 1500 chars but there seems to be an issue with the tools release. They messed up again. It returns only 100 chars.

Thanks,

Back