Strange Websphere Cache issue

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
Our finance department is trying to post to a prior fiscal year. They go into Company Constants and change the three dates and periods. It will never take the change even after clearing all the cache via SAW and having them restart their browser.

Our temporary test environment operates differently though but was setup identical to the production environment (same version, cum, fixpacks, same SP, etc.). They can go make the change. Then all they have to do is restart the browser.

Is there a way to clear cache without using SAW?

Thanks.

I usually clear cache in SAW by going to the "Work With JDBj". I then clear all the cache with it. I don't know if this is different in 811 from the other applications though.

Does F98613 exist in E811? Did you try to delete F0008 in P98613?

Hope this helps,

Bojan.

You have to clear the cache twice:

1. For the CLient (SAW)
2. For the Servers (Work with submitted jobs)

Since it looks like you have the first one then you'll just need to do the second one.

Fast path to 'WSJ'.
Select the server and then click "Reset Cache" from the row exit.
Click the cache to reset and hit ok

[ QUOTE ]
2. For the Servers (Work with submitted jobs)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one I was looking for. Thanks.

Hello,
Hey men from WSJ you have to clear the cache when no one is using the server,other wise it will create problem.

Could you confirm if it worked for you. I have seen these tables Specially Company constant usually does nto clear up even f you clear the Cache.

Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Could you confirm if it worked for you. I have seen these tables Specially Company constant usually does nto clear up even f you clear the Cache.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It did work for us, I used the SAW flush first then went in and did the WSJ flush. However, I did receive an error message on the WSJ database cache flush saying it did not complete. The company constants changed though.

Ever seen this error when trying to reset cache through WSJ?

04 May 2011 14:18:20,150[WARN][JDEPKG][RUNTIME]*ERROR* CallObject@11174aa: CallObject.getRemoteEnv(): The function 'ResetCache' in module 'B986116A' is configured to run LOCAL. LOCAL is not supported. user:JDEPKG Env:JPY900
04 May 2011 14:18:20,150[WARN][JDEPKG][RUNTIME]*ERROR* CallObject@11174aa: CallObject.getRemoteEnv(): Change OCM setting to run module 'B986116A' on a server user:JDEPKG Env:JPY900

Back