any feedback on monitoring tool "SpotLight for websphere"

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
any feedback on monitoring tool \"SpotLight for websphere\"

Hi list,

Does anyone uses the monitoring tool SpotLight for websphere, from Quest Software, or ever tried it ?
Do you know if it gives relevant information on jde jas application ?
Our outsourcing company has this software, but never really used it. It has been set up (or partially set up) for our web configuration, but the only things we see is the JVM used memory, the number of active connections. But we don't see nothing in the jdbc connections.

As we sometimes have big performance issue (the system is sometimes becoming real slow, or we get some jas error messages), and that the ourtsourcing company says : we don't see nothing wrong, we wonder if this tool could be useful.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Re: any feedback on monitoring tool \"SpotLight for websphere\"

Hi there,

I did not use Spot light but I used Fog light from the same vendor to do a POC>
It really didn't work as expect and the problem ii with Oracle. If you have JAS server installaed in the Standalone mode ( ie not in Network deployment), websphere see he JAS application sever as not started. Since websphere itself cannot see this server, no other monitoring tool will be able to dig into it. I have tried another software from Manageengine and I had the same issue.

If you are using Network deployment then you probably can use this.

I hope this helps

Hi nick,

What do you mean when you talk about JAS server not in network deployment ? I don't understand.

Anyway, for the moment, spotlight for websphere see the JAS nodes, and we have some basics information about heap memory of the JVM, number of connections.
But we don't see anything about jdbc connections.

That's why i was asking if someone already used this software.

Thanks for your help.

have you done your websphere instalaltion as a standalone install or as Network deployment. Beside what version of Websphere are you running. They couldn't monitor the Memory as it required JDK 1.4 which is supported only at Websphee 6.0

Back