Oracle SSO - Single Sign On Issue

timg

OAS was installed with Single Sign On. Get the following error in the html server error log when attempting to access server/jde/owhtml:

[Thu Aug 31 11:53:17 2006] [error] [client 10.212.32.177] [ecid: 1157046797:10.212.14.81:10369:0:2,0] MOD_OC4J_0154: Response status=499
and reason=Oracle SSO, but failed to get mod_osso global context.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am replying to this old thread to add some information in case somebody runs into this issue in the future.

I normally implement compression for JDE using Apache 2.0 (via OAS 10g Companion CD). I recently had an OracleAS SSO installation where JAS server compression was enabled. When JAS compression is turned on this will trigger the "Oracle SSO, but failed to get mod_osso global context" error and SSO login will fail. From an IE browser you will see a blank page or a site not available. From Firefox you will see an "Content Encoding Error / The page you are trying to view uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression".

The solution is to turn off JAS compresion. Compression must then be implemented in the HTTP server if desired.

Back