Can't build full packages on 8.95J1 due a Potext generation Issue

Jfreyre

Can\'t build full packages on 8.95J1 due a Potext generation Issue

EnterpriseOne 8.11SP1 / JJ11556 / 8.95.J1 / Intel / Oracle 9.2.0.6.0

After we upgrade to 8.95J we are unable to build full packages from deployment server due a potext generation issue and R9621 never reach the end, after 17 hours trying to generate the spec files for potext on ClientPkgBuild.log we can see random BLOB records corrupt error, but when we open the generate potext file potext.ddb from the spec package folder with an hexadecimal editor and we search for the next registry on F98306 table we are unable to find such corrupted registries.

On the other hand when we try to build the same package from a workstation everything works fine but the generation of potext takes 15 hours, with a grow rate of 2 kb/s which is notoriously slower than gbrspec or fdaspec generation.

Re-generating index or rebuilding stats on F98306 didn't resolve the issue, but the data retrieval with UTB of thsi table on PY811, PD810 and Pristine is notoriously slower than gbrspec table. The F98306 table contains only 29 extent on the PY811's tablespace and the undo_retention parameter is set to 11 hours.

I suspect that the blob corruption message on ClientPkgBuild.log is produced due a long wait_time period so my goal is to reduce this unusual time consuming behavior.

Any clues?

Thanks for your answers.

J.A. Freyre.
------------------------------------------------
ClientPkgBuild.log

Fri Apr 28 22:17:56 - Building TAM and/or Pack file(s) for potext.
Fri Apr 28 22:17:57 - Spec count from Central Objects RDB: 63666
Sat Apr 29 15:09:28 - BLOB data for record number 48994 is corrupt. Correct the error. Spec Error: JDB operation failed!. Additional Error Code: 16
Sat Apr 29 15:09:28 - The record is: (Spec data is NULL.).
Sat Apr 29 15:09:28 - BLOB data for record number 48995 is corrupt. Correct the error. Spec Error: JDB operation failed!. Additional Error Code: 16
Sat Apr 29 15:09:28 - The record is: (Spec data is NULL.).

Re: Can\'t build full packages on 8.95J1 due a Potext generation Issue

Hi,

Have you tried by updating statistics on your Central
Objects tables? Ask your DBA to update them.

Indeed I did it, 'cause I thought that a new execution plan would manage the potext generation issue but it didn't.

I tried with an index regeneration but I couldn't get a diferent behavior.

J.A.Freyre

I am getting this for all my records on F98306 (potext). Would you please share what the solution was once I believe you got it working once this post is old? Thanks!

The solution for this case was tunning a poorly configured database, after making the proper adjust on oracle SGA and redologfiles we solved the issue.

Back