Weighted Average Cost Update

User051264

We are on JDE one world XE (B7333 SP 23)

The setup is as under

For an item say (ITEM) which is a stock item of bulk type whose Sales inventory method is 02 (Weighted Average ) in Branch Plant say (BP)

The requirement is as under

Thru SOP with use of P4205 (with inventory being relieved)
we wish to update Avg Cost in branch plant (BP). The contents given thru white paper ( ODS-02-0028) Solution ID 200782220 in Knowledge Garden have been complied with.
Despite the above setup , the average cost is not getting recalculated on use of P4205.

Please help

Hi Gsunder,

You need to direct this post to the OneWorld forum at JDEList. This
forum is for World (i.e. AS/400 and RPG based)

Regards,

Colin

In addition to my earlier post, I have some difficulty understanding what the real problem is that your post relates to. I will use the term "normally" to indicate what is the usual situation in my experience.

Normally, when inventory items valued at weighted average (for Sales) are "issued" against Sales Orders then the system uses the current average cost of the item. There should be no need to recalculate average cost unless the user is doing some very strange overrides during Sales Order entry etc (normally Sales Order entry is done based on qtys only and maybe a sales price but NOT item cost). There is a type of exception where the qty issued reduces the QOH to zero and an adjustment is needed to bring the inventory "value" to zero (i.e. usually due the rounding difference(s) associated with the average cost per unit versus the "true" inventory value) - this is dealt with by the system using a specific AAI defined for this purpose.

Normally the weighted average is adjusted every time a receipt or inventory 'adjustment' is made, especially when the value per item assigned to the transaction differs from the current average cost (although the actual logical used may not be based on this simple scenario).

In World software P4205 is normally used for Ship Confirm - that is; to confirm the quantities issued from one or more locations so that firstly your inventory by location is correct and secondly so that the invoicing process can bill for what is issued and hopefully shipped against the order. There is a third aspect and that relates to possible backordering if the ship confirm qty is less than the ordered qty.

I suggest you clarify what your problem really is (maybe it is your logical approach, maybe you mistyped the program name etc) and what you expect P4205 to do, BEFORE reposting to the OneWorld forum.

Back