Zaki Ahmed

Well Known Member
I have an issue with JDE and vertex, if someone can help. First of all,
it seems that the geocode populates the header based upon the ship to
address book. That works fine, but what about when a user overrides the
ship to address in sales order entry and the city, state, and zip are
different ? vertex does not seem to recognize this and still calculates tax
based on the original ship to geocode. Is there any way around this or
something else that needs to be set up to handle this ?

B7332 - sql server

I would appreciate if someone could tell me how they resolved this issue. Thanks much!

We have the same issue, and have not found an automated solution. The only solution we know of is to create a new ship to address book record and use that instead of using an address override. Getting our users to do it that way is a whole other problem, though.

I had a client with the same issue. We ended up having the Override Address application that is called from Sales Order Entry modified. The modification contained the following logic:

IF address changes were made and a record was written to the F4006, Find the correct Geo Code from Vertex, then return and update the Sales Order Header with the new Vertex Geo Code.

IF NO Geo Code is found, then stay in the P4006 and Return Error that no code was found.

IF Multiple Codes are found, then call the P73GEO and pass the City, State and Zip from the P4006 Ship To.

IF no changes made to the Ship To address, then return to Sales Order with no updates.

Thanks much for the response. I was thinking on the lines of modifying X00TAX business function and checking against F4006, if a record is found for that order, then get the geocode for the state that is on F4006. Is this solution workable? Any suggestion on how to improve this logic?

Thanks much!

We just had the same issue. So it seems JDE has got an issue when address is overriden on the sales order.

GeoCode on the sales order dictates what will be the sales tax on the order. GeoCode is pulled from Vertex when the Sales order is created in the system and loaded into the TXA1 column of F4201 and F4211 tables.

Even though JDE doesn't have the feature of handling the GeoCode change when the adress is overridden, there is a workaround solution to it.

When the order address is overriden in Sales Order, the GeoCode also should be changed at that point. Go to Sales order header revision and pick the right GeoCode by using the Visual Assist. Remember, vertex pulls GeoCode based on State, City and Zip Code. Enter the State, City and Zip Code in P73GEO application and select the right GeoCode. The sales order detail lines also need to be fixed for the GeoCode.

Thanks
Gautam

Back