Has any one applied 8.96 c1

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
We are having lot of issue with this tools release, we are still evaluating it however wanted to know if other have expreinced any issues

some of the issues we ar facing so far are as follows
1) None of the ustom pathcode show up during package deployment
2) BU security does nto works correctly
3) on the web I cannot bring up the submited job , the web page comes blank

Nick,

we just finished E1 8.96 C1 install on Intel, Oracle 10g. We had an issue with the planner ESU JK10721 and still working on a package issue (package for client and server fails). Did you had any issues with the worbench?

cheers,

Adrian

Adrian -

We received a client-only jdekrnl.dll one-off(Intel NT) from Oracle support for the package build issue with 8.96.C1. If you can't get someone there in support who knows about it, then I can send it to you.

Vernon

My work around solution is to run 8.96_B1 everywhere but when I want to see data selection on 1/2 my reports I switch to 8.96_C1 but then when I want to build a package I go back to 8.96_B1.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!

After applying the "engineering fix" for the update package build issue, we're having no issues (at least no obvious ones I've seen.) We have 8.96_C1 running against an 8.11 SP1 install with Update 1 recently applied, and also in an 8.9 development architecture. I can honestly say it is as stable as 8.94_T1 with fewer problems. Not running it in PROD yet, but we like to let it bake in for a month or two before we apply it there.

I experienced: Word and Excel Media Objects doesn't work. when I try to attach a Word document I see only garbage character
Gigi

OK, Have been able to resolve all the issue,

Server package build was actually successfully however the PDF file was displaing error. Got the POC from Oracle and its working now.

Custom pathcode are shoing up now, We actually did nothing and it started to work correctly now. Oracle, could explain why was it not wokring in the first place

BU security : Lot have change in BU/Row security. I would suggest you check every possible scenario. I have been informed that E1 had some bugs all along and It have been corrected now. That is why, Thsi security behaved differently in this TR

We were not able to bring up the PDF as I was testing Linearization on the web server. I have been informe by Oracle tech, it really consumes lot a CPU oon the server and Page at time feature does not work as we would think. E.g When you down load the first page, behind the scene, its downloading rest of the pdf as well. We were hoping to avoid this situation speacially on the WAN. We decided to not use it as it offers no benefits to us

Colin,
On of my clients was sent a dll for the dataselection iss on 8.95.b1, they said it was easy to obtain.

I opened case with Oracle, but now they haven't gave me a response. I'm waiting...

GIGI,

DId you get any resolution. I have also opened a case, but its seems to be going no where

Back