Wrong PDF displayed from WSJ - E8.10

KBintz

Occasionally, when users view PDFs form the WSJ - Work with Servers (SUBM JOBS) P986110B|W986110B form, the wrong PDF is displayed. If they exit out and re-select, the correct PDF comes up.

At first we thought this was a mis-click but we get reports of this problem often enough (about once a week) and from different users that it seems to be a real problem. We can not recreate the problem to get logs. Also the user usually freaks and does not gather any good information about the incident except the fact that it was the "wrong report". This started happening when we upgraded from XE to E8.10 in April 2006.

We are running EnterpriseOne E8.10 Update 1 Tools Release 8.95I2 on an AS400.

We have about 700 to 800 users running 14,000 to 17,000 reports weekly. We purge reports older than 2 weeks. Between purging and users deleting their own reports we have about 17,000 PDF stored at any one time.

I have opened a case with Oracle. However, I do not have high hopes since we can not recreate the problem.

Any assistance or thoughts on how to even approach this would be greatly appreciated

Hi there,

It happened to us once. I really thought it was a glitch and the user was just halucinating. We could not duplicate it so we never followed it any further.

As I stated, at first we thought it was just a mis-click or the user was mistaken. We have had several different users save PDFs of reports they should not be able to get to. So, we are sure it is a real issue. We are not sure how to even approach this to track it and/or document it to prove it is even happening because it happens so infrequently.

We are on 8.11 SP1 and have experienced the same issue. It happens very infrequently as well. However it has been consistently a user trying to pull up a payroll report and gets another report (i.e. an invoice). Luckily it is not the other way around. We had a call opened and support was baffled. They stated the only way they can help us is to get a debug log... which proves very difficult since we cannot run with debug on in production, and to turn it on on the fly might be too late. Anyways, the error we get in the jas.log is "java.io.IOException: Broken pipe". Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

We had this happen this morning to one user during training, exiting out of wsj and re-select corrected. Did anyone get any help from Oracle? The only way I can see this happening is if the user had two pdfs selected and hit "view pdf". It will then display the first pdf on the list. Let me know if anybody else has thoughts.

Thanks.

Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County IS Dept

EO810 TR 8.95_J1 HP-UX 11i Oracle 9.2.0.5 OAS 10.1.2.0.0

Oracle has finally identified this as an issue critical enough that they will provide customers with a POC based on the tools release they are on. We have received a POC from them for our current tools release 8.96.G1 and it does fix this issue. Also they have included the fix in 8.96.I1, so it will be available in all tools releases after 8.96.I1. The SAR# is 8359034.

Back