Locking down the Internet

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
Hi List,

We are running thin clients on a Citrix platform and many users access this from an iGel "dumb" terminal. We are trying to restrict outside internet access to these users. Within Edwards, I have noted 3 locations that need to be locked down, but for the life of me, can't figure out how to get them secured.

1) On the main Solution Explorer page, if you click on the Help tab at the Top and then select JDEdwards on the Web and click on the link, it opens up Internet explorer to the Oracle Home Page.

2) In the Links Tab across the top of all applications is an "Internet" button that opens up IE.

3) In the "Tools" tab row Exit is an "Internet" button that will open up a web browser.

Can anyone please explain to me how I can disable these loopholes? Thanks so much.

Steve,

Currently when defining Internet Security through Solution Explorer, it is only intended to prevent the user from accessing the Home Page and typing in a direct URL in fast path. It will not secure other methods of accessing Internet Explorer such as this help pull down or the tools exit. The Solution Explorer security is not intended to be used as the Operating System level security. In order to completely prevent access to Internet Explorer, use the appropriate Operating System security.

Thanks,
Matt

Yes, this solution did indeed work except for one location. This fix does not stop the Help....JD Edwards on the Web links on the Solution Explorer main page. Anyone know how to tweak these drop down menus or delete the URL links?

Back