XMLPublisher!!!!

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Has someone already tested XMLPublisher with 8.96???? I tested it and first impression is very very good tools. completly integrated in EnterpriseOne can substitute software like CreateForm or formscape.

I am curious of knowing your impressions.
Gigi

Hi Gigi,
that sounds great! I tried it using the OSA XML-output, but XML Publisher didn't like the XML format... how did you do this? What settings are necessary etc?
thanks!
Mikael

Mikael,

Did you ever get your issue resolved? We are facing the same issue here.

Thanks!

Dan

I tested it only over tool release 8.96 where you can configure XMLPOSA to generate XML. Are you using TR 8.96 or higher?
XMLPublisher for EnterpriseOne Guide illustrates how to configure XMLPOSA
Gigi

I tested it only over tool release 8.96 where you can configure XMLPOSA to generate XML. Are you using TR 8.96 or higher?
XMLPublisher for EnterpriseOne Guide illustrates how to configure XMLPOSA. And there are a lot of consideration about creation of EnterpriseOne report (like doesn't use Conditional section....)
Gigi

Hi:
Could you please direct me to the link where I can find this guide. I have searched the site and all I could find is a nine minute presentation and a generic guide on XML Publisher from the Oracle e-business suite perspective. Thanks

I am unable to locate P95600 and P95610 in the standalone version of 8.12 which is used to upload and attach XML templates. Also my OSA list is empty and I cannot find XMLPOSA. Is there a problem with my standalone installation or is it that this is just not available with 8.12 standalone installation - Thanks for your help

Hi, Gigi. I installed 8.12 and with the relevant ESU. I can see the screen P95600 but when I entered the info, it won't prompt me for the file upload and the info is not loaded into F95600. Any particular document that you referred that make your XMLP a success? Any ESU? Thanks.

Hi, Gigi. I tried to enter info into P95600 but it will not prompt for the file. Any reference you have that can share? any extra ESU? I am using 8.12

Hi,
yes, we installed the XML Publisher ESU and added the OSA rules for XMLPOSA and we're able to create the XML regognized by XML Publisher.

However, I can't see any way of automatically force XML Publisher to process the XML output from E1 without manually finding the job in Submitted Jobs and clicking the new XML Publisher-row exit. Anyone found a way around this? Is it perhaps possible to setup th eXML Publisher Entrprise edition to automatically poll the printqueue folder?

regards
Mikael

Hello Mikael,

I have tested the XML Publisher by myself and have made the same experience like you. I am wondering, when Gigi says, XML publisher can replace Createform or similar programs. I have also opened a call on Oracle, and the answer is, that there is no way currently to force documents to print direct. As long as this is not resolved there is no way without Createform or similar. If you have to print hundreds of deliverynotes or Pickslips, you need minimum one person thats clicks every minute on such a report in the "WSJ"
grin.gif

Maybe there is a way to solve this with the Enterprise Edition of XML publisher, but this means also you have to license the Enterprise Edition.
I am sure Oracle will soon provide a solution for direct printing, because this issue will have a lot of customers.
I am also not so happy with the performance, to process such an XML merge. Are you happy with it?

Regards
R.

Hi, Mikael. I did all the ESU and when I entered the info in P95600 and pressed OK, it did not prompt for the file. Instead it went to the grid and the entry is not in the grid nor in F95600. Any special instruction or ESU? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check out our AUTOPRINT software for direct printing. You can e-mail me directly for more details...

to print, send via fax and email an XMLPublisher documents, We have developed software trigger over F986110 which check if report has associated an XML template call a hava program (written with XML Publisher API) to transform XML OSA to word, Ecel, PDf.... and print immediate over printer defined for user in EntrpriseOne.

I read somewhere on KG that 8.97 will introduce auto send FAX for XML Publisher documents. But I haven't further information
ciao
Gigi

Hi All,
XMLP is running in my 812 system but what I found is that when the XML output file gets too large (5 MB), when the merge will error out for some reasons.....I have tried adding more xmlp kernels in the server ini and file upload size to 100 MB in the jas.ini but to no avail...Is there a size limitation to how big the eventual merged file size is?
Thanks.

CW
8.12 SP1/8.96_G1, W2003, OAS 10g

Hi All,
since my other 812 system's Eserver is As400, how do I update the jde.ini file to reflect the new kernel type for XMLP. In the XMLP guide, it only specified changes for Windows Eserver ini file. Here is the update to be made on Windows:

[JDENET_KERNEL_DEF31]
krnlName=XMLPUBLISHER KERNEL
dispatchDLLName=xmlpublisher.dll
dispatchDLLFunction=_XMLPDispatch@28
MaxNumberOfProecesses=5
numberofAutoStartProcesses=0

Does anyone know what to change for these 2 fields on an As400?
dispatchDLLName=?
dispatchDLLFunction=?

Thanks.
CW
8.12SP1/8.96_G1, As400 V5R3 <font color="red"> </font>

Here's a nice tip for those trying to implement on Solaris.

The guide is wrong.
smile.gif
Go figure. Here is the correct code for Solaris. I'm guessing that other platforms will be similar.

[JDENET_KERNEL_DEF31]
krnlName=XMLPUBLISHER KERNEL
dispatchDLLName=libxmlpublisher.so
dispatchDLLFunction=XMLPDispatch
MaxNumberOfProecesses=5
numberofAutoStartProcesses=0

Coolworm,

Let me know if you ever get the max file size issue figured out. We are seeing the same thing here.

Thanks!

Dan

Good point.

I implemented a trigger on the same table a few years back and I am aware of a few customers that did the same (the code was also later adopted by a company).

The original post can be found here for anyone interested:
Auto Print Immediate with table trigger

Coolworm,

After further testing, we found out that the XML process is still actually running in the background on the server. A 25MB PDF file took over 75 minutes to process. The end result xml file was over 215MB in size. We had to adjust the JDENettimeout settings and the user session timeouts accordingly to keep the item processing. Another drawback is that you have to keep that window up and running during the entire process.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Back