XMLRequest Error

vmcdaniel

Hello List,

I have been getting the following XML error in the enterprise logs:
4048/4052 Wed Aug 09 10:01:17.914 XMLRequest.cpp526
XML0000010 - XMLRequest does not have role. Default role will be used.

4048/4052 Wed Aug 09 10:01:18.695 RTK_FRMS.C679
RUN0000066 - Warning - ProcOpt Data Size Mismatch: Requested 1418 is less than Retrieved 1442 for App P4205,Version DSI001.
Data Structure allocated successfully. This usually means items have been added to the template and existing

Obviously this is coming from an XML call, but I have no idea where, other than from XMLRequest.dll. The role is unassigned. I included the second error since it occurs just after the XMLRequest error. The XMLRequest error occurs repeatedly in the logs, but not necessarily followed by the second error above. My assumption is that certain MBF's in E1 are making XML calls..seems obvious to me. We are not running interoperability, nor do we use web/JAS servers.

My questions are: Is there a setting in the enterprise server jde.ini that will define the XMLRequest role? Has anyone seen this error?

We are currently on 8.10, 8.93.R1, using SQL 2000.

Thanks,
Vernon
business function will function correctly.

We are getting the same role and mismatch errors but it doesn't list the app and version.

Hi Vernon,

We started noticing this problem several months back when we converted everything on dcLINK over to XML. The problem is that dcLINK does not pass the role when the TranServer sends the XML request to the Enterprise Server. This doesn't really cause us too much grief, other than polluting our Call Object Kernel logs with XML warnings.

I contacted DSI about it a few months back and the support team stated they would put in a request for a fix to be released in a service pack (we are on 4.2 SP2). I'm not sure if this got into SP3 or if it even made it into version 5.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up...

Back