Moving World from one AS/400 to another

You can save all of it from one AS/400 and then restore to the other
AS/400.
BUT - you will not be able to run anything or log onto the other machine
without getting a NEW SPC, (Software Protection Code) for this other
machine, from ORACLE!!!

Jim

Ditto what Jim says. In fact we just did it a couple weeks ago and have done it in the past. You will want to contact Oracle folks with the "details" about your move and what would involve them. If your serial # is not changing, then not much may happen but I'm guessing at the very least, you will need to get new a new SPC code for it and you can generate your own online now so it's no big deal. You may also have to reset the Sofware License Mgr stuff once on the new box.

Otherwise, it's just Save and Restore stuff. Shouldn't be too big of a deal. And don't forget about any other 3rd party products you have on your box. They likely will also need some bit of attention (new bomb codes, etc.) That's the one thing that usually bites us more so than any JDE licensing issue!

if you are just moving your sec, com, dta, src, jdf type libs be aware anything that gets created outside of these will need to br recreated (see list)
outqs.
jobd's.
user profiles,
you may need to rerun software licence manager to create the idx's in QGPL
create the jde message file
system 00 install key may also be required
make sure that the profile who owns all the objects on the source system exists on the new (target) system, otherwise the objects are owned by the ibm profile QDFTOWN.
Outqueue definitions.
This is no way meant to be a complete list but its a starting point i guess.

WadeWells,
One additional thing--check document on Customer Connection, solution ID 200784435, "Upgrade to New iSeries Model requires updated X0001M" 

All,
We are in need of help. Our company had ordered A73cum16 for our older AS/400. We purchased a new AS/400 and are trying to install the new cum16 on the new AS/400, that has a different serial #. We are receiving install errors when trying to load cum16. On the LODRUN we are asked for a SPC and per Qracle instructions a new SPC for today is created on the Web. Upon entering the new SPC the lodrun completes. then I am able to create a new plan and when I run the plan validation I get a an error message that my 00 system code doesn't match. I noticed that the 00 system code for the 720 is slightly different form the i5 code.
If I attempt to run the plan I immediately get the error message that 00 system code is different. A catch 22???

Back